In this article, we will learn How to Change Jiofi Password. But, Before one goes into details and knows the process of changing the password of the jiofi router, let us first discuss what jiofi actually is. Jiofi is a personal hotspot device that is connected to the smartphones and laptops, in order to get the access of the high-speed 4G network. There may be more than one connection at a time. However, if more than one device is connected at a time, then the network may get a week. This router comes with a default password that you could use easily and you won’t face any problem in doing things associated with. But still, many jiofi users want to change Jiofi password & JioFi Wifi name. So, as a result, we are sharing a detailed guide on how to change JioFi password and your JioFi Wifi name in 2 minutes.
Why do we Need to Change JioFi Password?
Since the jiofi device comes already with a default password, so there is this obvious question in the mind of the users that why do we need to change Jio password of it. Well, there are many reasons for it. The first reason for changing the JioFi password could be that the user must have forgotten the password. So, in that case, you need to change JioFi password. Another reason for changing the password is that, when your router is new, you give its password to a lot of people. After some time, you realize that because of so many users, your connection is weakening. So, in this case, also, you need to change the password of your jiofi router.
Along with that, there are chances that your jiofi device gets damaged due to some reason. In this case, also, you need to change the password. If we take a look at various cases, then we will find that there are a lot of things that make a user to change the password of their jiofi device. In the section below, we have discussed the process of changing the password of the jiofi device completely.
How to Change Jiofi Password (2019)
The process of changing Jiofi password of your jiofi router is really easy and could be done in a few minutes. You just need to follow the steps one by one in a good manner. You need to first switch on the router, then to connect it with the device that you want to use. After that, you need to do a few settings that will require an internet connection. Therefore, make sure that you have an alternative good connection with you. Below are the steps for the process in details. Follow them in a serial number in order to get the perfect result.
Steps to Change Password of Jiofi
- In order to set the password of your jiofi, the first thing that a person needs to do is to switch it on. Now, there are a lot of people who do not this. In order to switch the power on of your jiofi device, you first need to press the power button that is there on it and then has to hold it for some time. Certain kind of light will pop up and you will know that you are on. You need to wait for the further process until the router is completely on and ready. However, if you have been using this from some time now, then you must be aware of the process that how to switch on the router.
- The second thing that you need to do now is to connect the jiofi router from your device that you are using. Now, in order to connect the smartphone or laptop that you are using with the router, you need to feed the password of the device. If you have already changed the password of the router, then feed that password in the space provided. If not, then you could find the default password written on the back side of the router itself. In any case, feed the password and then move further.
- Once you have connected your device with the jiofi, you need to access the configuration page, which is actually a very important step for the process to get completed. To access the configuration page, one needs to launch a browser on the device that is connected with your jiofi. Once you have launched the browser, you need to enter http://jiofi.local.html in the given search bar and then press the enter button.
- After running the search button, you will see that there is a page there. In that page, you will see various kinds of things, but you need to focus just on the log in page. On the log in page, you will see two things. The first thing is the username and the second thing is the password. In both these fields, you just need to type administrator and then you need to click on the login option. The login option will be there below the fields.
- Once the previous step is complete, you need to do the final procedure and that is of changing the password oF Jiofi. To do so, go the network option. The moment you will click on that, you will see that a lot of options will there on your screen. You just have to click on the wifi configuration. Once you click on the wifi configuration, you will see that there is a list of options like status, Channel, Encryption, etc. on your screen. Scroll down on the screen and you will find the option of password here. This is the place, where you need to fill in the password, you want to opt for. There will be a space provided and you need to enter your favorite password in it. Once you are done, you need to save it. Press the save button and in this way, you will save all the changes that you have made in the entire process. So this the how jiofi password change process can be done in 2 minutes.
How to Change Password of Jiofi (Video Tutorial)
Here we have demonstrated how to change Jiofi password and these were the steps that you require to do in order to change jiofi password. If you have went through the steps than you will know that these are very easy. In the upper section, all other important things are mentioned so that the customer does not get confused at any point in time.