Want to reset Jiofi? Follow this post till the end to know how to hard Reset JioFi 2/3 to Restore Settings Factory Default.
JioFi is actually the WiFi hotspot devices that are being distributed by the Reliance Digital Company and are powered by LYF. These are portable, chargeable WiFi devices that could be carried to any place you want. These devices or mini routers come with the ability to provide you the highest net speed. The best part about these devices is that they could connect the maximum of 10 users at one time. All the 10 users can use the WiFi after the connection. It is clear that these devices work as the normal routers, but you first need to reset your jiofi, in order to have good working experience. Here are the steps that you need to follow for it.
How to Reset Jiofi – Steps to Hard Reset JioFi
Follow Below mentioned steps to reset JioFi.
- To reset your Jio Wifi, the first thing that you need to do is to turn on your router.
- Once the router is on, you need to remove its cover from the back.
- After the cover is removed, you need to search for the Reset, that would be written anywhere at the back. It is generally carved at the side of the WPS button, but you really need to search for the location on Google if you do not find it written on the back.
- Once you have located the word, you need to take a pin and then you need to press the button. Make sure, you are not using a pin that can harm your device.
- You need to press the Reset button from that pin, for nearly 30 seconds. With this step only, your JioFi router’s tiny lights will start blinking and you will know that you are all set.
- Now, you need to connect your router from your PC or the device you want to connect actually. Go to the https://jiofi.local.html page and try to configure the router again.
Resetting the jiofi routers is very important before you start using it actually. Now, once you have started using the jiofi device, you will feel the need of having a password for it. Now, there are many reasons, for which it is important to set a password for this device. All of them are discussed in the section below.
Set up the Password For JioFi Router
- The first and foremost reasons for you to set up the password for your JioFi router is that if you have not secured your router with a password, then it will be open to all the people around you. Once this happens, there will be a lot of users for a single JioFi network. This will slow down your speed and you will face a problem. A password acts as a security for your network and hence it is important to set one.
- Another thing that can happen to you is that you may give your password to a lot of people when you started to use the jio router, but now you do not want them to use your router. In that case, also, you can set up the new password for your JioFi device.
- There are times when we forget certain things and it could be anything, even your JioFi password too. In that case, you can just follow the simple steps given below and can modify your password.
Now, you must be thinking about the ways in which the password for jiofi device could be set up. The required steps are discussed in the section below.
How to Change the JioFi password
- To change the password of your JioFi device is the installation of a good browser on the device that is directly connected to your JioFi device. Once you have done that, you need to write the IP address in the space provided.
- A login page will open up on the screen. Here, you need to fill in your necessary details like the username and the password. This needs to be filled up as administrator or admin. After you fill this section, you need to click on the login button just near to these columns.
- After the completion of the last step, you will see that your login process is completed successfully. Once you have ensured that, you need search for the settings options and then click on it.
- A new page will pop on your screen. This is the list of options and from here; you need to search for the network option. Under this category go to the Wi-Fi configuration and then change the password.
- Now, the password you change is totally dependent on your choice. You can set up anything you want.
With these simple steps, you can set the password of your JioFi device. By the points that we discussed above, it is clear that the JioFi device is a very useful thing for those striving hard for a good network, but one needs to know how to protect it. Here we have demonstrated how to reset jiofi. liked this post? Don’t forget to share this guide with your friends and family.